I am working in Magento since last couple of months. I face a situation where i need to show Gift Message in Order page of Magento. Magento provides Gift Message module but it is not enabled by default. If you want to show Gift Message in Magento Order page than you have to enable Gift Message module and set the configuration for the same. Its easy to enable Gift Message module and set the configuration in Magento. Follow below steps and comment me if you face any problem.
1. Go to System > Configuration > Advanced > Disabled Modules Output.
2. Find Mage_GiftMessage and Enable it.
3. Go to System > Configuration > Sales > Sales > Gift Messages
4. Choose the option you are looking for and set the value to “Yes”.
There are two different options.
1. Allow Gift Messages on Order Level
This gives you facility to add Gift Message for One Order
2. Allow Gift Messages for Order Items
This gives you facility to add Gift Message for Individual Products in Shopping Cart.
You are done. 🙂